Next destination: the Philippines!
Tomorrow we head to The Philippines for just over 3 weeks! It’s not on the usual South East Asia route for most, but the people I know that have been there have nothing but praise for it. One of the guys at our hostel in Siem Reap has been travelling for 4 months and says the Philippines has been the highlight of his trip so far. So I’m very excited about heading there.
Now I love a good beach but I can’t just lie about for 3 weeks and do nothing, and this is what really appeals to me about the Phillipines, it seems to tick most boxes:
- Island hopping (there’s over 7,000 islands to explore, many not inhabited)
- Some of the best beaches, lakes and lagoons in the world
- SCUBA diving, there’s some amazing sites, including many WWII wrecks and chances to see some mad wildlife such as Thresher sharks
- A wide variety of watersports such windsurfing,jet skis, banana boats and kite boarding
- Lots of hikes, including some up volcanoes
- Swimming with whale sharks!
- Awesome nightlife (I’ve heard most places have beach parties, and bars are cheap!)
- The locals are apparently very friendly
So that’s where I’ll be the next 3 weeks! I know I know, it’s a hard life but someone has to do it!